QR Code Link to This Post
Founded in 1993, Grand River Enterprise is the largest Native tobacco manufacturer in Canada. We are 100% Native owned and operated and employ almost 500 people at our head office in Six Nations. Grand River Enterprises is a multinational company with factories in Canada, Germany, and the U.S.A. and products available in over 30 countries.
A promotional models’ objective is to promote our products and company. Their purpose is to increase customer awareness and boost product sales. Promotional models are responsible for the tasks of sampling and distributing premiums. They hand out free samples of the product in hopes that consumers will enjoy it and want to purchase it. They also give away free promotional items or premiums, such as t-shirts, key chains and pens, that have the product logo and brand name on them. Premiums serve as a way to promote the product long after the promotion. Along with selling, promotional models educate potential customers about the features of our products. Promotional models report to Team Leaders or the Marketing Manager.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can manage their time effectively. The role requires drive and a sense of accountability because the day-to-day working environment will involve very little direct supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Executing successful promotions as designated in various regions throughout Ontario
- Cold calls for designated region(s)
- Ballot pick up for designated region(s)
- Ensuring ballots are shipped to the head office in time for each monthly draw
- Following up and verifying shipments that are sent to and from the head office
- Updating store signage when necessary or at the request of the marketing manager
- Monthly promotional item load up at GRE head office
- Submitting accurate weekly inventory reports via email
- Submitting accurate and complete daily logs via GRE app. This includes signing in at the beginning of your promotion and signing out at the end, providing ample notes pertaining to the promotion etc.)
- Communication with the head office while on the road (customer issues, quality control issues, vehicle issues, late arrivals at promotions etc.)
- Proper company vehicle maintenance
- Managing your designated area. This includes submitting and fulfilling customer requests, updating/maintaining accurate store information, events (Customer Appreciation, blitzes, store grand openings etc.)
- Weekly Visa expense report submitted via GRE app
- Encourage/increase store participation in monthly draws and secret shopper contests
- Maintain positive working relationships with stores and the marketing team
- Receive and maintain a minimum of 80% on secret shopper reports
- Submit monthly cigarette inventory form to the head office
- Responsible for safeguarding and accurately distributing gift cards to stores (this includes submitting completed acknowledgement receipts for every gift card given out on or before the designated deadline)
- Must have valid G or G2 license
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Sales/retail background preferred
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction
- Friendly, outgoing and energetic
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as drive for extended periods of time
- Available to work flexible shifts
- Willing to travel to various regions in Ontario
- $850.00/week and monthly bonuses based on job performance
- Paid training
We are looking to hire multiple positions in the following areas:
- London, Sarnia and surrounding area
- Sudbury, North Bay and surrounding area
- Barrie, Parry Sound and surrounding area.
Hotels will be provided if necessary and paid for by the company. We will also provide you with a vehicle. Gas will be reimbursed on a monthly basis once receipts are collected.
We are currently hiring for seasonal work, however there is an opportunity for extension.