310T Licensed Diesel Truck Lead Technician (Dundas / Hwy 5)
880 Hwy 5
compensation: Competitive salary, Attractive shift premiums, RRSP company match employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A Penske Lead Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment. This position demands a specialist in the field that will perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner. Other exciting projects and tasks may be assigned by supervisor.
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
• Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers